A platform to help clinicians manage patients with alcohol misuse disorder.
To support the clinical management of people who misuse alcohol.
A Mobile App
To deliver change behavioural therapy to help people combat alcohol misuse.
Class 1 Medical Device Certified
First Alcohol Misuse App To Be Tested In a
Randomised Controlled Trial.
- 111 patients with Alcohol use disorder
- Randomly assigned to intervention group or control group
People on app experienced:
- Lower mean number of drinking days
- Greater amount of cumulative abstinence days
- 50% retention rate at 6 months
The number of drinking days for those using the app was less and statistically significant at 3 and 6 months.
Who We Help:
- UControlDrink is designed to assist addiction therapists working to support their clients to reduce their alcohol consumption and lead a happier healthier lifestyle.
- It can be used to support clients experiencing any level of alcohol misuse.
- The platform’s many recovery oriented tools work in tandem to provide a powerful vehicle for change to provide benefits for both clients and therapists.
- Clients can set drink reduction targets, use the inbuilt recovery and trigger features or tailor them to their own needs. There are 12 CBT sessions and a craving intervention function.
Healthcare Org Benefits:
- Manage alcohol misuse in a more efficient, scalable and cost-effective manner
- Improve relapse targets
- Deliver consistent care & measure results using the platform’s reporting analytics to optimise treatment and improve patient outcomes.
- Reduce wait times for people who need care sooner
- Fulfill unmet client needs, by embracing technology to help them manage their problems better.